Thursday 15 December 2016

Rogue One

Rogue One (A Star Wars Story does not appear on the title card)   - mini-spoilers now, proper spoilers in a week or so.

It’s pretty dark, a ground-level view of the fight, leavened with some humour. It isn’t hugely surprising. Knowing it’s a “mission” movie about stealing the Death Star plans you can probably work a lot of it out.

Our new heroes are all cool, and I can see them being playable - in D6 terms Jyn is an Outlaw, Cassian a Scout, K-2SO an easy enough adaptation of the Wookiee template.

It only expands the setting a little - no new period, Rebel heroes and an Imperial villain. But this is the Star Wars we grew up with, and played in so many games. (Including GMing one about stealing the Death Star plans... and I was not alone...)

As for me, I loved some of it, but not all. Still, I’ll go and see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment