Monday 6 June 2016

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season Three

AKA Day of The Shotgun Axe.


The show went pretty much full serial this year, complete with a Big Bad upgrade mid-season (I still think the reveal should have been held off a week or two) and a fun little cliffhanger.

I discussed that Big Bad upgrade before. Brett Dalton did a good job of making Hive different from the creepy version of Ward.

I also mentioned 4,722 Hours, the best episode of the season and the total format-breaker.

Emo Daisy.

May versus the Primitives - martial arts fighting stuntmen in monster makeup on a Mutant Enemy show! It’s like home. Her literal “white room fight” with Mark Dacascos was also awesome.

The fakeout with Malick’s daughter.

And then a rather densely packed finale run.

Fitz and Simmons got together and survived? Whoa...

Invisible gun! YEAH!

John Hannah was great fun as crap cyberneticist Holden Radcliffe.

“I’ve always wanted to do this.” That and the forcefield shield. Coulson may have a hard life but he does get his moments.

I think my favourite part of the finale was Hive and Lincoln talking at the end. A small thing, but nicely done.

I hope the next director of S.H.I.E.L.D. has a peg leg...

No comments:

Post a Comment